Frequently asked questions for the convening registration website.
1. What is the convening?
The Funders’ Committee Annual Convening is one of the leading gatherings of civic engagement philanthropy in the country, drawing funders and field experts from across the country to explore the critical issues facing democracy. Averaging more than 300 attendees in recent years, this event showcases replicable work, creates space to network and learn from peers, and engages in discussions to address the challenges and opportunities in the field.
2. Do I need to be a member of the Funders’ Committee for Civic Participation (FCCP) or Funders’ Committee Action Fund (FCAF) to attend the convening?
You do not need to be an FCCP or FCAF member to attend the convening. If you’re interested in learning more about our membership and perks, please visit funderscommittee.org/join or email us at Info@funderscommittee.org.
3. Who attends the convening? Is the convening for funders only?
Attendees include both FCCP and FCAF members and non-affiliated grantmakers and advisors who provide significant resources to field organizations on the ground, doing critical civic engagement work each day. This year, we have also opened up our convening to enable field practitioners, philanthropy serving organizations, and nonprofit leaders to attend. We believe the Funders’ Committee plays a vital role in connecting funders and their grantees (existing and prospective).
4. How do I remit my registration payment via check or wire transfer ?
- All offline payments are required to be submitted no later than Friday, March 8, 2024 in order to attend the 2024 convening.
- To complete your registration payment via check or wire transfer, please email email@example.com.
5. How do I cancel my registration? What is the cancellation/refund policy?
Registrants may cancel at any time, but are subject to the following refund policies based on the time of cancellation.
- On or before March 1, 2024: Full refund minus a $150 processing fee.
- Cancellation between March 1, 2024 - March 7, 2024: Refund of 50% of the registration fee minus a $150 processing fee.
- On or after March 8, 2024: Refunds will not be available.
6. If I am unable to attend, can I transfer my registration to someone else?
You can submit your ticket transfer request to firstname.lastname@example.org . These requests will be approved on a case by case scenario and may incur an additional transfer fee.
7. Can I register for specific days or a one day pass?
Registration for the 2024 convening is all-inclusive. Specific days and/or one-day passes are not available.
8. Who do I contact to provide my accessibility & dietary needs/requests?
We are more than happy to receive requests to make this event more accessible and safe for you. Please email email@example.com to submit your request.
9. Will the registration include hotel and travel accommodations?
Your registration will not include hotel and travel accommodations. However, we have done our best to make it efficient for you to plan your trip. Head over to the “Travel” tab on our website and book your stay at our host hotel, see what’s in the area, and other helpful travel information.
10. Are there any scholarships available for the Funders’ Committee convening?
Through our Equity & Inclusion Scholarships, the Funders’ Committee lives our values ensuring our own community prioritizes those who are often left out of these important conversations. With the generous support of our Equity & Inclusion Partners, scholarships will be made available on a limited basis to help offset registration fees for our 2024 Annual Convening.
The application period for Equity & Inclusion Scholarships is now open and will close Friday, January 12, 2024. Please click here: https://funderscommittee.org/2024conveningscholarships for the latest information and to apply for this opportunity.
11. To attend the convening do I need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19?
FCCP will follow all local CDC guidelines for health and COVID-19 procedures.
All attendees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend the convening. Proof of vaccination or accommodation request will be required upon arrival at the convening.
Please stay home if you are ill or if you or anyone you live with have cold/flu/covid-related symptoms. Seek and follow the advice of medical professionals.
Hand sanitizer will be readily available and encouraged to use for all attendees. Masks are optional and will be available upon request.
If you become ill while attending the event, please notify FCCP at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you receive a positive COVID test result during or within 72 hours following the event, you must notify FCCP at email@example.com.
All attendees are encouraged to stay at the host hotel to minimize travel and exposure.
12. I want to become more involved with the Funders’ Committee, who should I contact?
If you are interested in being more involved with the Funders’ Committee, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. I am interested in being a sponsor for the convening, who should I contact?
If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor for the 2024 convening, please email our Executive Director - LaShanda Jackson at email@example.com.
14. I am having trouble completing my registration for the convening, where can I find support?
If you are having trouble completing your registration, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Where do I find the terms and conditions for my registration?
Please note that once registration is complete, you have agreed to the terms and conditions set for the 2024 convening. If you have any questions about the terms and conditions, please email us at email@example.com.
16. I have a question not listed here, who should I contact?
Need more information or assistance? We are happy to help. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.